- WARNING: Road closed Monday - Friday to hikers, bikers, and motor vehicles. See Access Report.
- Reservation requests are best made at least two weeks before your intended visit.
- The only way to guarantee access to Goldmyer is by making a reservation.
- Access to the Goldmyer property is limited to 20 people per day.
Visiting Goldmyer is a wilderness experience where guests are expected to pack in (and out) all necessary supplies.
Amenities provided to visitors by Goldmyer are limited but include an open-air cabana at the hot spring pools, campsites with food hanging lines and containers, two stocked outhouses, two public picnic tables, and a bike rack.
Visitors gain access to rugged wilderness terrain, hiking trails through old growth forest, beautiful waterfalls, and a crystal clear natural geothermal hot spring.
Goldmyer is owned and managed by Northwest Wilderness Programs, a nonprofit organization established in 1976 to protect this treasure of the wilderness for the use of generations to come.
Access Report: Updated at least every Wednesday evening
*** WARNING: Road Closures ***
- The Middle Fork Road is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC from noon Monday - noon Friday, until October 2015 due to the FHA's paving project. This includes hikers, bikers, and motor vehicles, at all hours.
- The Middle Fork Road is OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC Saturday - Sunday.
- A Pilot Car will escort motor vehicles (no hikers or bikers) through the construction zone on Fridays (noon - 4pm) and Mondays (6am - noon). Expect delays of at least an hour.
- More information can be found on the WFL Highway Division's project website (look for the Latest Newsletter).
- 2015 Road Closure Maps and Schedules
- The alternate route to the Goldmyer Property during this road closure is by way of Snoqualmie Pass, requiring significant preparation, adequate gear and advanced backpacking knowledge and experience. Reservations are always recommended by calling the office.
For the Drive:
For the Hike:
The Middle Fork Road is closed to hikers and bikers M-F, including evening hours, due to FHA paving project.
Accessing the property on the weekends from the Dingford gate, by foot or by bike, means the usual 4.5 mile distance along the road bed. Expect rocky conditions, some water over the road and a gradual incline as you approach the property. It is currently getting dark around 9pm.