- The road to Goldmyer is currently open seven days a week.
- Paving is nearly complete on a ten mile stretch of the Middle Fork road, from Mailbox Peak trailhead to the Middle Fork Campgrounds.
- The most detailed and up to date road construction information can be found on the the WFL Highway Division's project website (look for the Latest Newsletter).
- Information for the reasons behind this change can be found on the WTA project webpage.
Federal Highway Administration's Paving Project
Road closures limiting access to Goldmyer and Dingford Creek Trailhead will take place through the summers of 2014, 2015, and 2016.
The closure spans the Middle Fork Road from the area near where it forks into two parallel roads (the "couplet") up to the area near the Forest Service Middle Fork Campground (about 10 miles).
- The area is being reconstructed and paved by the Federal Highway Administration.
- There will be mid-week road closures from May through October: 2014, 2015, 2016.
- The road will only be open from 12pm Friday to 12pm Monday (60 minute delays allowed).